Hello loyal readers. Today's post will be a slight departure from the norm. You see, for over three years, we've been providing you with semi-regular Springsteen goodness, from covers to live performances, from album reviews to general silliness. So, as we close in on our 500th post, I feel that we've earned enough creative capital to take a small moment to get on our knees and beg.
You see, like all amateur bloggers, we dream of a day where the majority of our daily hits don't come from random Russian websites. Therefore, we rely on you, the reader, to help us out! So, here's five simple ideas you can do that won't take up too much of your time and would generally help us out.
5. Use Our Amazon Affiliate Link. This is very simple. If you need to buy something on Amazon, simply click on the link in this bullet point, or on the Amazon advertisement on the bottom right corner. Then, continue shopping as you normally would. This price doesn't change for you, but Amazon will kick us back a small percentage of what you buy. Now, I'd rank this as the least important way you could help us. We are not in this for the money, I assure you. However, Steve just recently had a baby, I am going to get married, and OB has....various hobbies. So, any little bit that we make would be greatly appreciated.
4. Be A Follower. While we may not have exhausted every facet of social media (who has the time, really?) we do have a Twitter account that you can follow. Also, you can join the "Followers" section of our blog, which is located on the right sidebar. These two options are the easiest, most passive thing you can do to help us. Let's pump those stats!
3. Submit An Article. This is easily the most labor intensive item on the list, so feel free to skip this one. However, your three lovely writers must confess to having bouts of Springsteen-fatigue, and have occasionally taken breaks from the blog. So, perhaps you, the reader, can help by contributing content. We have had several guest posts in the past, which have been very well received. There are tons of reasons to try your hand at writing for Legends of Springsteen. Perhaps you have a unique perspective on Springsteen that we haven't tackled. Or, you could have your own blog that you'd like to promote, and writing for us could help you attract more readers. Or maybe you just want to have one idea that you are dying to share on the world wide web, but don't want to set up an entire blog of your own. To submit an article, simply e-mail LOSpringsteen@gmail.com, and we will do all the editing and formatting for you.
2. Tell People. Word of mouth is one of the most effective forms of marketing, so if you like what you see here, please spread the word! You can share links to your favorite articles via all the tradition social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit), or you can tell a friend, or you can shout "LEGENDS OF SPRINGSTEEN DOT COM" from your roof. It's all good, baby.
1. Leave A Comment. Truly, hearing back from our readers would be the greatest inspiration of all. Unless you tell us that we suck, which would hurt. However, if any article inspires you to add your own $0.02 for all the Internet to see, please do so!
So, that's your mission, should you choose to accept it. I apologize for the interruption in our regularly scheduled posting, and promise to be back shortly with another post where you can just watch the YouTube video and ignore our writing underneath.